Java For Artists: The Art, Philosophy, And Science Of Object-Oriented Programming towers head and shoulders above ordinary introductory Java texts in its comprehensive coverage and audacious style. Java For Artists is the only book of its kind that succinctly address the art, philosophy, and science of Java and object-oriented programming. The authors, both certified Java developers, are uniquely qualified to present material other books shy away from or ignore completely. Java For Artists will help you smash through the barriers preventing you form mastering the complexities of object-oriented programming in Java. Start taming complexity now! Read Java For Artists today - energize your programming skills for life!
Features and Benefits
- Supercharge your creative energy by recognizing and utilizing the power of the "flow"
- Learn a development cycle you can actually use at work
- Comprehensive programming project walk-through shows you how to apply the development cycle
- Project Approach Strategy helps you maintain programming project momentum
- Java Student Survival Guide helps you tackle any project thrown at you
- Apply real-world programming techniques to produce professional code
- In-depth coverage of arrays eliminates their mystery
- Create complex GUIs using Swing components
- Learn the secrets of thread programming to create multi-threaded applications
- Master the complexities of Java generics and learn how to create generic methods
- Discover three object-oriented design principles that will greatly improve your software architectures
- Learn how to design with inheritance and composition to create flexible and reliable software
- Create well-behaved Java objects that can be used predictably and reliably in Java applications
- Master the use of the singleton, factory, model-view-controller, and command software design patterns
- Reinforce your learning with the help of chapter learning objectives, skill-building exercises, suggested projects, and self-test questions
- Packed with 134 tables, 477 figures, and 410 code examples containing over 7500 lines of code
- All code examples were compiled, executed, and tested before being used in the book to ensure quality
- And much, much, more...!
Real-Time Concepts for Embedded Systems '... a very good balance between the theory and practice of real-time embedded system designs.' —Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino, Ph.D., Research Laboratory, Internet Initiative Japan Inc., IETF IPv6 Operations Working Group (v6ops) co-chair 'A cl
Develop a working understanding of the common design patterns and program...
Lotus Notes R 6 Professional Projects
Use Lotus Notes R6 to accomplish real-world, professional tasks. Incorporating five hands-on projects, Lotus Notes R6 Professional Projects is your key to unlocking the power of this latest version of Lotus Notes. Each project focuses on a specific concept and is based on a real-world situation. You will be able to use the skills that...
Crystal Reports(R) 9: The Complete Reference
Your Definitive Resource on Crystal Reports 9!
Covers upgraded GUI, custom functions, repository, Report Application Server, and more
Create eye-popping, presentation-quality reports and complex, interactive analysis documents both on and off the Web with help from this one-stop reference. Learn to use the latest version of this...
Discontinuity and Complexity in Nonlinear Physical Systems
Discontinuity in Nonlinear Physical Systems explores recent developments in experimental research in this broad field, organized in four distinct sections. Part I introduces the reader to the fractional dynamics and Lie group analysis for nonlinear partial differential equations. Part II covers chaos and complexity in nonlinear Hamiltonian...
Bratton's Family Medicine Board Review (Family Practice Board Review) Thoroughly updated for its Third Edition, this book is a comprehensive review for the American Board of Family Medicine certification and recertification exams. This edition contains over 1,800 board-format questions, including over 1,000 multiple-choice questions from the major subject areas of family practice and over 700 questions drawn from 60... Itanium Architecture for Software Developers "Reading the Itanium Architecture for Software Developers book saved us days, maybe weeks on project development." -- Dong Wei, System Architect for Servers, Hewlett-Packard
This unique description of the Intel® Itanium™ application architecture helps...