Throughout the last decade there have been steady, incremental improvements and relationship changes in retail logistics. These changes have been fundamental to business efficiency and it is now widely recognized that logistics excellence provides competitive advantage. Emphasis is now on minimizing time to market, maximizing on-shelf availability, continuously replenishing stock and utilizing technology to transform the retail supply chain. Internationalization and e-commerce have also presented challenges for logisticians. The key to logistics excellence is relationships.
This fully updated second edition brings together well-known academics and practitioners to share their research, ideas and experience of retail logistics in the 21st century. The contents includes contributions on:
- retail logistics: changes and challenges;
- relationships in the supply chain;
- market orientation and supply chain management in the fashion industry;
- fashion logistics and Quick Response;
- logistics in Tesco;
- temperature-controlled supply chains;
- rethinking efficient replenishment in the grocery sector;
- the development of e-tail logistics;
- transforming technologies: retail exchanges and RFID;
- Enterprise Resource Planning.
Logistics and Retail Management is essential reading for retail and logistics managers, academics, students and consultants.