Celebrating nearly 100 years as The Bible of the Mechanical Industries , the 28th edition brings together volumes of knowledge, information and data gathered, revised and improved upon from experts throughout the mechanical industries. Extraordinarily comprehensive yet easy to use since it premiered, Machinery s Handbook provides mechanical and manufacturing engineers, designers, draftsmen, toolmakers, and machinists with a broad range material, from the very basic to the more advanced. It has always, and continues to provide industry fundamentals and standards while it moves into the 21st century with material reflecting technological advances and offering vast editorial improvements, making the 28th Edition the best tool...ever!
- New sections on...CNC Numerical Controls (written by Peter Smid-author of CNC Programming Handbook), Manufacturing Data Analysis, Fluid Mechanics, Distinguishing Bolts from Screws, Helical Coil Screw Thread Inserts, Calculating Thread Dimensions, Lubrication, Ball and Acme Leadscrews, and Shaft Alignment.
- Revised material on... Properties, Treatment, and Testing of Materials; Dimensioning; Gaging, and Measuring; Tool and Toolmaking; Manufacturing Processes.
- A very user-friendly format...readers will never have to search outside of an area for information on the topic they are exploring.
- Broad math coverage...from the basic to the advanced, you ll find fractions, positive and negative numbers, derivatives and integrals, analytical geometry, circular segments, matrices and engineering economics.
- Updated Standards.
- Individual indices for standards, materials, and interactive equations.