This book is intended as a text/reference for students, researchers, and professors interested in physical and biomedical applications of Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI). Both the theoretical and practical aspects of MRI are emphasized. The book begins with a comprehensive discussion of the Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) phenomenon based on quantum mechanics and the classical theory of electromagnetism. The first three chapters of this book provide the foundation needed to understand the basic characteristics of MR images, e.g.,image contrast, spatial resolution, signal-to-noise ratio, common image artifacts. Then MRI applications are considered in the following five chapters. Both the theoretical and practical aspects of MRI are emphasized. The book ends with a discussion of instrumentation and the principles of signal detection in MRI.
* Clear progression from fundamental physical principles of NMR to MRI and its applications
* Extensive discussion of image acquisition and reconstruction of MRI
* Discussion of different mechanisms of MR image contrast
* Mathematical derivation of the signal-to-noise dependence on basic MR imaging parameters as well as field strength
* In-depth consideration of artifacts in MR images
* Comprehensive discussion of several techniques used for rapid MR imaging including rapid gradient-echo imaging, echo-planar imaging, fast spin-echo imaging and spiral imaging
* Qualitative discussion combined with mathematical description of MR techniques for imaging flow
Python Programming: An Introduction to Computer Science
This is the second edition of John Zelle's Python Programming, updated for Python 3. This book is designed to be used as the primary textbook in a college-level first course in computing. It takes a fairly traditional approach, emphasizing problem solving, design, and programming as the core skills of computer science. However,...
MATLAB Simulations for Radar Systems Design
Simulation is integral to the successful design of modern radar systems, and there is arguably no better software for this purpose than MATLAB. But software and the ability to use it does not guarantee success. One must also:
- Understand radar operations and design philosophy
- Know how to select the radar parameters...
WordPress For Dummies (For Dummies)
The popular guide to WordPress, fully updated to help you get blogging
Join the millions of bloggers who rely on WordPress, the popular and free blogging platform. This guide covers all the features and improvements in the most up-to-date version of WordPress. Whether you are switching to WordPress from another blogging...
Video Editing with Avid: Media Composer, Symphony, Xpress This is the first comprehensive guide to editing on Avid from a PAL standpoint, also including NTSC information where appropriate, making this book a worldwide manual.
If you are already using Media Composer, Symphony, or Xpress and want to improve and consolidate your basic methods, or if you need to learn these systems from scratch, then this...