Perform your own Windows XP maintenance and save $$$ Maintaining Windows XP 10 Easy Steps to Success By Ron Nykiforuk Heres an easy-to-follow program for maintaining your operating system for Windows XP. Dont wait until a virus sneaks in. Or slowness in startup, accessing files and starting programs occurs. It may be much more expensive and time consuming to fix the problem. If you take the time to follow these steps every month, you will save time and money and increase efficiency and effectiveness over the long run. The author draws from 20 years of hands-on experience installing, maintaining and troubleshooting microcomputers. In this book, he outlines a simple 10-step program complete with screen shots you can follow to:
· Scan and remove viruses from your hard drive.
· Use disk cleanup to remove unwanted files from your hard drive.
· Clean out temporary Internet files and offline files in Internet Explorer for faster Internet startup.
· Use spyware software to find and remove spyware programs.
· Use disk defragmenter to reorganize your file structure on the hard drive.
· Update Windows XP with the latest security updates from Microsoft.
· Check Windows XP startup list for unnecessary startup programs.
· Remove unnecessary desktop icons you havent used recently.
· Activate Windows XP firewall to keep computer hackers from accessing your computer.
· Turn system restore back on to recover from computer problems.
Learning jQuery Deferreds: Taming Callback Hell with Deferreds and Promises
Fancy Form Design
Forms' - is there any other word that strikes as much fear into the hearts of web designers? Not any more ...
Fancy Form Design is a practical hands-on, full color book that follows the process of creating visually stunning yet usable web forms, from start to end. The book covers all design elements from planning the form's...
Essential Skills for Hackers
Essential Skills for Hackers is about the skills you need to be in the elite hacker family.
The book will mainly about two things: TCP/IP 101, and Protocol Analysis. The better the hacker, the more we will be able to master TCP/IP. Once the reader understands what TCP/IP is, what it looks like, the book will go...
iPhone Cool Projects You are going to love this book! I know I do, and I had to read every word of it and check
every line of code, twice!!
If you’re like me, you’ve registered as an iPhone developer with Apple, read some documentation,
and sought help in taking the next bold step. Perhaps you’ve picked up “Beginning
Advanced Therapy in Thoracic Surgery
This work presents new, state-of-the-art techniques in thoracic surgery from the investigators who have developed them. Each of the 58 succinct chapters represents the personal treatment protocols of leading experts. The Advanced Therapy concept is famous for conveying therapeutic information in an efficient, rapid fashion....
Solaris 9 System Administrator Exam Cram 2 (Exam Cram 310-014, Exam Cram 310-015)
The perfect study companion for UNIX system professionals preparing for both Solaris 9 System Administrator exams (CX-310-014 and CX-310-015)! The book contains accurate and efficient coverage of the many new features of the Solaris 9 system. This book is not intended to teach new material. Instead it assumes that you have a solid foundation of...