Quickly learn how to create dynamic Web content with this step-by-step guide to using JSP technology
Web developers and designers are bringing new life to the Web by using JavaServer Pages (JSP) to create and maintain dynamic content that leverages existing business systems. This powerful technology lets you change the overall Web page layout without altering the underlying content by separating the user interface from content generation. Following an innovative, task-based approach, this book will quickly show you how to develop these information-rich Web pages with JSP. As you progress through each chapter and complete the exercises, you gain the essential skills necessary for working with this technology. You also learn how to rapidly develop Web-based applications that are platform independent, and uncover the advantages of choosing JSP over other Web scripting languages such as ColdFusion and PHP.
With numerous real-world examples and expert advice, this book:
* Provides a concise and task-oriented introduction to JSP
* Helps you evaluate the suitability of JSP for your project
* Is a practical introduction to JSP's syntax and fundamental strengths
* Includes numerous working scripts, with information on how to adapt and extend them to meet individual needs
The companion Web site contains:
* All source code from the book
* Frequently asked questions, quizzes, and best practices
* Links to other JSP sites
About the Author
MADHUSHREE GANGULI has been a development executive with NIIT since 2000. Her work involves the design, development, testing, and implementation of Instructor Led Training (ILT) courses. Ganguli has authored several ILT courses on Adobe Frame Maker 6.0, Publisher 2000, and SQL Server 7.0. She has also developed courses on WML applications and Advanced Java. Ganguli has contributed snippets for various technical magazines and newspapers.