If you love Manga, you’ll eat Manga For Dummies, right up. This step-by-step guide shows you how to create all of your favorite Manga characters from rough sketch through final full-color renderings. You’ll build your skills as you draw animals, mythical creatures, superheroes, teenagers, and villains—along with their weapons, cars, and homes. Soon you’ll be inventing your own characters and placing them in stylish poses and stirring action scenes. Before you know it you’ll be knocking out storyboards and plotlines for you own Manga book. Find out how to:
- Gear up for drawing with all the right tools and materials
- Develop the basic skills of Manga figure drawing
- Customize and accessorize your Manga characters
- Design spectacular weapons, gadgets, mechas, and vehicles
- Create 3-D drawings and give characters motion and emotion
- Write an exciting Manga Story
Complete with a stunning, full-color 8 page insert, Manga for Dummies is your real-life guide to the ultimate fantasy world.
Packed with hundreds of how-to illustrations
Take your manga drawings from rough sketches to finished art!
Are you an aspiring manga artist? This easy-to-follow guide shows you how to create your own manga characters and their world — from heroes and villains to weapons, cars, animals, and more. You get expert, step-by-step guidance in various drawing techniques, developing a story, and using motion and emotion to bring your characters to life!
Discover how to
About the Author
- Draw different faces and body types
- Understand the manga genres
- Create plotlines and storyboards
- Design high-tech gadgets
- Show off your work
- Set up your own manga studio
teaches art at the Educational Alliance Art School in New York City. His work can be seen in everything from comic books to graphic novels to advertising storyboards.