Join the Red Hat Revolution!
Newly revised and updated, Mastering Red Hat Linux is the essential guide to the world's leading Linux distribution. Inside, you'll find everything you need to know to install, configure, use, and optimize Red Hat Linux. You'll even find the operating system itself-the Publisher's Edition of Red Hat Linux 7.1, absolutely free on the enclosed CD!
Whatever you want to achieve with Linux, Mastering Red Hat Linux makes it easy, providing the clear instruction and unique insights of a Linux expert who understands the needs of the non-Unix world.
• Installing Red Hat Linux
• Configuring and using the GNOME and KDE graphical user interfaces
• Configuring and using X Windows v. 4
• Using Linux commands
• Managing files in Linux
• Connecting to the Internet and sending email with Linux
• Using Netscape 6 for Linux
• Faxing from Linux
• Using Linux on a LAN
• Using Linux as part of a Windows network
• Connecting and configuring USB peripherals
• Creating a Linux Web server
• Setting up and using a Linux mail server
• Running DOS and Windows applications using Vine
• Configuring your Linux system with Linuxconf
• Re-compiling the Linux kernel
CD DESCRIPTION : On the enclosed CD, you'll find the Publisher's Edition of Red Hat Linux 7.1, the world's most popular Linux distribution. This is a non-expiring version that you can install and use for as long as you like.
About the Author
Arman Danesh is pursuing an advanced degree in Computer Science at Simon Fraser University in Vancouver. Formerly MIS Manager at Landegg Academy in Switzerland, where he was responsible for hundreds of Linux desktop installations and multiple Linux servers, Arman is the author of many books, including Mastering Corel Linux, Mastering Linux, Second Edition, and Mastering ColdFusion, all three from Sybex. He also writes about the Internet for the South China Morning Post and is editorial director for Juxta Publishing Limited.