Design More Efficient Applications with the Leading Visual Modeler
Mastering UML with Rational Rose 2002 offers expert instruction in both areas you need to master if you want to develop flexible object-oriented applications: the Unified Modeling Language and the latest version of Rational Rose, the world’s leading visual modeling tool. But this book goes far beyond modeling. It teaches you to use Rose to turn your UML diagrams into code—automatically—in the language of your choice. And it’s newly expanded to provide valuable information on business modeling, web modeling, new Java functionality, and XML DTDs. Coverage includes:
About the Author Wendy Boggs
- Understanding UML, with a bonus “Getting Started with UML” appendix
- Finding your way around Rational Rose
- Creating UML diagrams of all kinds
- Creating a detailed object model
- Creating a detailed data model
- Modeling your XML DTDs
- Generating code automatically
- Handling language-specific code-generation issues
- Reverse-engineering an existing application
- Using round-trip engineering techniques
is a project manager and process consultant who specializes in object-oriented processes and technologies. She has mentored organizations in adopting Rose and the Rational toolset, and has customized the Rational Unified Process (RUP) to meet the needs of numerous companies.
Michael Boggs is a consulting practice manager with extensive object-oriented design experience using the Rational toolset. He has managed large-scale projects and mentored organizations in the adoption of an object-oriented methodology.