Thoroughly revised and updated, this new edition is based on the content of the world-renowned McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science & Technology, Ninth Edition, the most widely used science reference of its kind. Readers will find concise, authoritative, and up-to-date articles on every major field of science and technology -- by authors at the forefront of their fields and including numerous Nobel Prize winners.
Written in clear, simple language understandable to students and general readers, yet with sufficient depth for scientists, educators, and researchers, this definitive resource provides:
- 7,300 concise articles covering disciplines of science and technology from acoustics to zoology
- Extensively revised content with 3000+ new and rewritten articles
- Current and critical advances in fast-developing fields such as biomedical science, chemistry, cosmology, information service, environmental science, nanotechnology, and physics
- More than 1,600 two-color illustrations
- Hundreds of tables and charts
- 1,300 biographical sketches of famous scientists
- Index containingf 30,000 entries
- Cross references to related articles
- Appendix including Bibliographies
About the Author
The McGraw-Hill Editorial Staff, based in New York City, also edits the renowned McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science & Technology, now in its ninth edition, and is one of the most skilled, experienced and respected editorial teams in the field of scientific publishing.