Microsoft Project 2010 is a powerful program that helps you plan and manage a wide range of projects. From meeting crucial deadlines and budgets to selecting the right resources, Project 2010 offers easier and more intuitive experiences to help you be more productive and realize better results. You can use Project to:
* Create project plans at the level of detail that’s right for your project. Work with summary data initially or shift to a more detailed approach when it’s convenient. Control what tasks Project can schedule automatically or that you’ll schedule manually.
* Manage tasks, costs, work, and resources at whatever level of detail is appropriate for your project’s needs.
* See your project plan data in a variety of views. Apply grouping, highlighting, sorting, and filtering to see your data the way that you want.
* Track and manage your project plan throughout project execution.
* Collaborate and share data with others in your organization using a variety of productivity applications.
* Use resource pools, consolidated projects, and cross-project links to extend your project management focus across multiple projects.
Project 2010 builds on previous versions to provide powerful project management tools. This introduction provides an overview of new features that we explore throughout the book.