Install, configure, and manage Windows XP Professional with this comprehensive administrator’s guide! Congratulations! You have found the ultimate task-oriented guide to Microsoft Windows XP Professional. Whether you are maintaining one stand-alone computer or thousands of networked Windows XP Professional systems, this book is designed to help you do your job and keep things running smoothly.
Master the Basics
- Learn all the basics of Windows XP Professional—from installing and upgrading to enabling remote support
- Install and uninstall new applications with ease and use the Task Manager to handle non-responsive programs
Tackle Administrative Issues
- Learn how to set up password requirements, secure shared resources, and manage user accounts
- Use Microsoft Management Consoles to delegate limited capabilities to end users
Network with XP Professional
- Master mobile computing issues such as administering offline file access, creating multiple hardware files, and securing a dial-up connection
- Set up and configure Windows XP Internet applications, including Windows NetMeeting, Windows Messenger, and Remote Desktop
- Master LAN configuration issues, including configuring a network protocol, setting up network connections, and adding a computer to a domain
Elements of ML Programming, ML97 Edition (2nd Edition)
I became interested in ML programming when I taught CS109, the introduc-
tory Computer Science Foundations course at Stanford, starting in 1991. ML
was used by several of the instructors of this course, including Stu Reges and
Mike Cleron, to introduce concepts such as functional programming and type
systems. It was also used for the...
Network and System Security
Network and System Security provides focused coverage of network and system security technologies. Explores practical solutions to a wide range of network and systems security issues. Chapters are authored by leading experts in the field and address the immediate and long term challenges in the authors' respective areas of expertise....