This book shows you how to write complete 3D games from scratch. It will teach you the math, graphics, audio effects, and algorithms for all the features you would expect in a quality 3D game. This text explains how to set up your environment to write your XNA and shader code. It also explains how to create 3D models on a budget and how to use commercial standard models that are created by professional game artists. When you finish reading this book, you will have the ability to write a graphics engine and a full game that contains realistic scenery, fiery effects, 3D models, terrain, animations, collision detection, 3D audio, score tracking, and more.
- Step-by-step examples get to the point without any unwanted clutter.
- We avoid deeply nested structures and bloated game projects that would complicate the learning process.
- Examples in each chapter of the book can be built independently of each other and thus easily mixed and matched in your own projects.
- All examples are compatible with each other.
- Every chapter is designed so you can learn the topics quickly and thoroughly.