Improved Speed, Accuracy, and Convenience—Yours for the Taking
eBay is continuously improving the features it offers buyers and sellers. Now, the biggest improvements are ones you can build for yourself.
Mining eBay Web Services teaches you to create custom applications that automate buying and selling tasks and make searches more precise. Do you have dozens of items to sell? You can prepare complete descriptions and terms and submit them all with one click. Are you searching for an item with special purchasing or shipping conditions? You can't do this manually, but your custom application can. Would you benefit from charting your buying and selling trends? This book shows you how to mine and organize information that simply isn’t available otherwise.
All by itself, the improvement in speed will dwarf anything you've experienced—especially if you connect to eBay via dial-up. But speed is just one piece of an entirely new way of navigating the eBay marketplace. Here's a little of what you'll find covered inside:
- Creating new listings in bulk and automatically submitting them
- Getting all the facts you need about an item in one step
- Performing searches based on shipping or payment terms
- Completing tasks more quickly by working with locally stored eBay data
- Working with eBay's new authentication and authorization technology
- Ensuring the accuracy of your listings
- Quickly accessing buyer and seller information
- Using the new Java and SOAP interfaces
- Using calls to perform tasks not supported by the manual interface
- Charting trends in your buying and selling habits
- Tracking eBay listings with mobile devices
- Developing secure applications
- Automatically submitting feedback in batches
About the Author
John Mueller is a author and technical editor who has produced 61 books and over 300 articles, most recently Mining Amazon Web Services and Mining Google Web Services for Sybex. He has also contributed articles to magazines such as InformIT, SQL Server Professional, Visual C++ Developer, and Visual Basic Developer. John runs a consulting firm offering services, inlcuding specialized application development, to small and medium-size businesses.