Companies can gain an enormous advantage by mastering mobile technology. A wireless workforce allows information to flow immediately and freely between off-site employees and the home office, leading to what mobile business strategy expert Patrick Brans calls friction-free sales and service. In Mobilize Your Enterprise, Brans explains precisely what you need to know about this emerging technology, where it's heading, and how it can benefit your organization. You'll discover how to profitably apply the technology to your particular situation and how reengineer your processes around mobility, all without delving into unnecessary technical detail.
- Wireless technology—how, when, and why to deploy it, and anticipating what's next
- Wireless solutions you can apply to your company
- Methods to reengineer business processes and claim huge competitive advantages from mobility
- Portable solutions presented in detail, from computing devices, wireless network technologies and application gateways to enterprise applications and security
- Real-life applications—you'll learn a great deal about wireless technology without being swamped in needless details
- Vendor profiles—software, infrastructure, hardware, hosting, and integration
Managers, planners, and anyone else looking to improve their business using wireless technology will find Mobilize Your Enterprise an excellent resource. Brans' enthusiasm animates this complex topic—you'll grasp the big picture and understand how to apply the technology to your particular situation.
About the Author
PATRICK BRANS is the solution business manager for mobile field sales and service solutions at Hewlett-Packard, where he provides applied mobile technology solutions to improve the business processes of customer-facing employees. Brans has worked in various technical, management, business consulting, and marketing roles over the past 15 years, with the last 10 focused on data and voice communications.