Inside the Emerging Multibillion-Dollar Nanotechnology Industry
Suddenly, nanotechnology isn't science fiction or mere theory: It's becoming one of the world's fastest-growing, highest-impact industries. In Nanotechnology: Science, Innovation, and Opportunity, the field's leading experts offer an up-to-the-minute briefing on where the industry stands now, how it will unfold over the coming decade, and how it will impact you.
Edited by a key industry advisor, this book covers the latest in nanotech science, technology, and applications. You'll meet the key players, and discover nanotech at work in fields ranging from drug delivery to energy efficiency. Here are the opportunities, the challenges, and the implications: all you need to know about today's nanotech business--and tomorrow's.
About the Author
- How the convergence of nanoscale science foreshadows revolutionary societal change
- Technical and business obstacles that still challenge the industry
- Lessons from the early "gold rush" days of biotech: managing the hype
- Nanotech as disruptive innovation: implications for investors and venture capitalists
- The evolving roles of entrepreneurs, universities, and the U.S. government
- Key application areas: materials, microelectronics, sensors, energy, and beyond
- Bio-Nano-Information fusion: the potential to transform medicine
- Relevant patent law and intellectual property issues
- The ethics of nanotechnology
Lynn E. Foster is the Emerging Technologies Director of the international law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP. He authored the first trade study on nanotechnology and has organized numerous nanotechnology conferences and trade missions. Prior to joining Greenberg Traurig, Mr. Foster held technology industry positions in corporate, entrepreneurial, and government settings. He serves on advisory boards for the Nano Science & Technology Institute and the International Engineering Consortium, as well as the Executive Committee of the Caltech Enterprise Forum.