Every day, you participate in negotiations. Whether you’re working out a deal with a client, asking for a raise, discussing a weekly allowance with your child, or planning a weekend with your spouse, your life is filled with this intricate process. In Negotiate and Win, former NYPD hostage negotiator Dominick Misino breaks down the art of the deal, and gives you the tactics and strategies to win when it counts. Combining advice with riveting real-life stories—like the time he talked a potential suicide down from the Whiteston Bridge—this straightforward, step-by-step guide covers every aspect of successful negotiation.
Learn how to:
- Set reasonable goals beforehand
- Develop a positive attitude and speak with confidence
- Navigate the two Ds—demands and deadlines
- Listen carefully and learn what your opponent really wants
- Defend yourself from sneaky tricks
- Keep your cool when it counts
With Negotiate and Win, you will improve your deal-making skills and apply Misino’s hard-won experience to your everyday negotiations. From doing your pre-negotiation prep work to the final handshake, this no-nonsense guide gives you the knowledge and the skills you need to close any deal in a way that’s satisfying to you.