Essential Skills--Made Easy!
Protect your digital knowledge, data, and capabilities from misuse or tampering. This fully updated guidebook provides step-by-step instruction on implementing firewalls, wireless security, desktop protection, biometrics, and many of today's essential security measures. Understand the four primary forms of attack and how each does harm to an organization, then discover the basic security services that can be used to protect information and systems. Develop a complete security program through a series of tutorials designed to help you understand Internet connectivity architecture, e-commerce, encryption, and intrusion detection--plus, learn security policy and current law, the management of risk, and the process of implementing and managing security.
Designed for Easy Learning:
About the Author
- Modules--Each concept is divided into logically organized modules (chapters), ideal for self-paced learning
- Critical Skills--Each module opens with the specific skills covered in the module
- Mastery Checks--End-of-module reviews test knowledge using short-answer, multiple-choice, and fill-in-the-blank questions
- Ask the Experts--Q&A sections throughout are filled with bonus information and helpful tips
- Progress Checks--Quick self-assessment sections check your progress
- Projects--Practical exercises show how to apply the critical skills learned in each module
- Blueprints--Key networking configurations are illustrated in detail
Eric Maiwald (Gaithersburg, MD) is the Director of Security Services for Fortrex Technologies. Mr. Maiwald is also the lead instructor for Fortrex Security Training including the ISS Certified Engineer (ICE) training class. He is a prominent speaker at several security conferences, is the author of Network Security: A Beginner’s Guide, co-author of Security Planning & Disaster Recovery and was a contributing author of Hacker’s Challenge all published by McGraw-Hill/Osborne. Additionally he has written several white papers on Intrusion Detection for conference proceedings.