Essential Skills--Made Easy!
Protect your digital knowledge, data, and capabilities from misuse or tampering. This fully updated guidebook provides step-by-step instruction on implementing firewalls, wireless security, desktop protection, biometrics, and many of today's essential security measures. Understand the four primary forms of attack and how each does harm to an organization, then discover the basic security services that can be used to protect information and systems. Develop a complete security program through a series of tutorials designed to help you understand Internet connectivity architecture, e-commerce, encryption, and intrusion detection--plus, learn security policy and current law, the management of risk, and the process of implementing and managing security.
Designed for Easy Learning:
About the Author
- Modules--Each concept is divided into logically organized modules (chapters), ideal for self-paced learning
- Critical Skills--Each module opens with the specific skills covered in the module
- Mastery Checks--End-of-module reviews test knowledge using short-answer, multiple-choice, and fill-in-the-blank questions
- Ask the Experts--Q&A sections throughout are filled with bonus information and helpful tips
- Progress Checks--Quick self-assessment sections check your progress
- Projects--Practical exercises show how to apply the critical skills learned in each module
- Blueprints--Key networking configurations are illustrated in detail
Eric Maiwald (Gaithersburg, MD) is the Director of Security Services for Fortrex Technologies. Mr. Maiwald is also the lead instructor for Fortrex Security Training including the ISS Certified Engineer (ICE) training class. He is a prominent speaker at several security conferences, is the author of Network Security: A Beginner’s Guide, co-author of Security Planning & Disaster Recovery and was a contributing author of Hacker’s Challenge all published by McGraw-Hill/Osborne. Additionally he has written several white papers on Intrusion Detection for conference proceedings.
CCNP CIT Exam Certification Guide (CCNP Self-Study, 642-831) (2nd Edition) Prepare for the new CCNP 642-831 CIT Exam with the official test preparation guide
* Learn the troubleshooting and support topics for the new Cisco CCNP 642-831 CIT exam with the only official preparation book
* Practice with more than 200 test questions, including simulation-based questions on the enclosed CD-ROM
* Prepare for...
Spring in Action
Spring in Action, Fourth Edition is a hands-on guide to the Spring Framework, updated for version 4. It covers the latest features, tools, and practices including Spring MVC, REST, Security, Web Flow, and more. You'll move between short snippets and an ongoing example as you learn to build...
Digital Shoebox: How to Organize, Find, and Share Your Photos, The
Most people are awash in digital photos—some taken, some received—stuffed here and there in random folders and albums across a hard drive. In The Digital Shoebox, Sarah Bay Williams, creator of the image archiving system used by the Academy Awards®, shares her foolproof method for effectively organizing, finding, and...
Peopleware: Productive Projects and Teams (3rd Edition)
“Peopleware has long been one of my two favorite books on software engineering. Its underlying strength is its base of immense real experience, much of it quantified. Many, many varied projects have been reflected on and distilled; but what we are given is not just lifeless distillate, but vivid examples from...
Automated Reasoning: 4th International Joint Conference, IJCAR 2008, Sydney, NSW, Australia, August 12-15, 2008, Proceedings This book constitutes the refereed proceedings of the 4th International Joint Conference on Automated Reasoning, IJCAR 2008, held in Sydney, Australia, in August 2008. The 26 revised full research papers and 13 revised system descriptions presented together with 4 invited papers and a summary of the CASC-J4 systems competition were carefully...