Yusuf Bhaiji, CCIE No. 9305 (R&S and Security), has been with Cisco for seven years and is currently the program manager for Cisco CCIE Security certification. He is also the CCIE Proctor in the Cisco Dubai Lab. Prior to this, he was technical lead for the Sydney TAC Security and VPN team at Cisco.
- Filter traffic with access lists and implement security features on switches
- Configure Cisco IOS router firewall features and deploy ASA and PIX Firewall appliances
- Understand attack vectors and apply Layer 2 and Layer 3 mitigation techniques
- Secure management access with AAA
- Secure access control using multifactor authentication technology
- Implement identity-based network access control
- Apply the latest wireless LAN security solutions
- Enforce security policy compliance with Cisco NAC
- Learn the basics of cryptography and implement IPsec VPNs, DMVPN, GET VPN, SSL VPN, and MPLS VPN technologies
- Monitor network activity and security incident response with network and host intrusion prevention, anomaly detection, and security monitoring and correlation
- Deploy security management solutions such as Cisco Security Manager, SDM, ADSM, PDM, and IDM
- Learn about regulatory compliance issues such as GLBA, HIPPA, and SOX
This book is part of the Cisco CCIE Professional Development Series from Cisco Press, which offers expert-level instruction on network design, deployment, and support methodologies to help networking professionals manage complex networks and prepare for CCIE exams.
Category: Network Security
Covers: CCIE Security Exam
About the Author
Yusuf Bhaiji, CCIE No. 9305 (Routing and Switching and Security), has been with Cisco for seven years and is currently the program manager for the Cisco CCIE Security Certification and CCIE proctor in Cisco Dubai Lab. Prior to this, he was technical lead for the Sydney TAC Security and VPN team. Yusuf’s passion for security technologies and solutions has played a dominant role in his 17 years of industry experience, from as far back as his initial master’s degree in computer science, and has since been reflected in his numerous certifications. Yusuf prides himself in his knowledge-sharing abilities, which are evident in the fact that he has mentored many successful candidates, as well as having designed and delivered a number of Network Security solutions around the globe. Yusuf is an advisory board member of several nonprofit organizations for the dissemination of technologies and promotion of indigenous excellence in the field of internetworking through academic and professional activities. Yusuf chairs the Networkers Society of Pakistan (NSP) and IPv6 Forum Pakistan chapter. Yusuf has also authored a Cisco Press publication titled CCIE Security Practice Labs (ISBN 1587051346), released in early 2004. He has been a technical reviewer for several Cisco Press publications and written articles, white papers, and presentations on various security technologies. He is a frequent lecturer and well-known speaker presenting in several conferences and seminars worldwide.