The New Perspectives Series’ critical-thinking, problem-solving approach is the ideal way
to prepare students to transcend point-and-click skills and take advantage of all that the
World Wide Web has to offer.
Our goal in developing the New Perspectives Series was to create books that give students
the software concepts and practical skills they need to succeed beyond the classroom. With
this new edition, we’ve updated our proven case-based pedagogy with more practical content
to make learning skills more meaningful to students.
With the New Perspectives Series, students understand why they are learning what they
are learning, and are fully prepared to apply their skills to real-life situations.
This book provides complete coverage of HTML, XHTML, and XML, including:
• Up-to-date coverage of using HTML and XHTML to create and design Web sites
• Instruction on using CSS to create styles that enhance Web page design and layout
• Expanded and in-depth coverage of embedding multimedia content; creating Web
forms; and combining XHTML and other XML vocabularies
• Reinforcement of code compliance with strict applications of HTML and XHTML and
compliance with Section 508 accessibility guidelines
• Coverage of XML validation, including the creation and application of DTDs and
• An Online Companion, which provides supplemental information related to the
content of each tutorial as well as access to the student data files
• Updated business case scenarios throughout, which provide a rich and realistic