Are you a seasoned system administrator charged with setting up an Oracle database? Or did you suddenly become a DBA by default? If database administration with Oracle is part of your job, you’ll be glad to have Oracle 11g For Dummies in your cubicle.
This nuts-and-bolts guide walks you through the mysteries of Oracle and database administration. You’ll learn how to understand Oracle database architecture, set up and manage an Oracle database, and keep it running in tiptop form. Oracle 11g For Dummies covers:
- The building blocks behind the database engine as well as Oracle’s physical and logical structures
- Hardware, software, system, and storage requirements for implementation
- How to recognize and accommodate the differences between Oracle installations on Windows and on Linux/UNIX
- Daily and intermittent tasks necessary to keep your database running properly
- How to assess potential threats to your database, configure Oracle Recovery Manager, and set up backup and recovery procedures
- When to use online, offline, controlfile, and archivelog backups
- Troubleshooting methodology and how to use Oracle database logs and other diagnostic utilities
- Different ways to manage your database
- How to automate jobs with the Oracle Scheduler
- Using SQL in Oracle, and a great deal more
Completely up to date for the newest release of Oracle, Oracle 11g For Dummies will give you both the information and the confidence to set up and maintain an Oracle database for your organization.
About the Author
Chris Zeis is Chief Technology Officer and partner at Perpetual Technologies, Inc., an Oracle partner. Chris Ruel is an Oracle database administrator and consultant. Michael Wessler manages multiple Web applications for the Department of Defense and consults at various government and private agencies.
Pro jQuery in Oracle Application Express
Building on your existing SQL skills, this book teaches you how to apply useful jQuery techniques to applications developed using the Oracle Application Express (APEX) development tool.
Pro jQuery in Oracle Application Express covers the fundamentals you need to start enhancing your applications, with some practical...
The regulation of gene expression in many biological processes involves epigenetic mechanisms. In this new volume, 24 chapters written by experts in the field discuss epigenetic effects from many perspectives. There are chapters on the basic molecular mechanisms underpinning epigenetic regulation, discussion of cellular processes that rely on...
Starting Out with C++: Early Objects (7th Edition)
Welcome to Starting Out with C++: Early Objects, 7th
Edition. This book is intended for use in a two-term or
three-term C++ programming sequence, or an
accelerated one-term course. Students new to
programming, as well those with prior course work in
other languages, will find this text beneficial. The
Special Edition Using Perl 5 for Web Programming Back in 1986, a UNIX programmer by the name of Larry Wall found himself working on a task that involved generating reports from a great many text files, with cross-references. Because he was a UNIX programmer, and because the problem involved manipulating the contents of text files, he started to use awk for the task. But it soon became clear that... Modern Anesthetics (Handbook of Experimental Pharmacology)
Some important constraints of anesthesia must be taken into consideration when the pharmacological properties of modern anesthetics are discussed. The most imp- tant of these could be that the target effect be achieved preferably within seconds, at most within a few minutes. Similarly, offset of drug action should be achieved within minutes...