Are you a seasoned system administrator charged with setting up an Oracle database? Or did you suddenly become a DBA by default? If database administration with Oracle is part of your job, you’ll be glad to have Oracle 11g For Dummies in your cubicle.
This nuts-and-bolts guide walks you through the mysteries of Oracle and database administration. You’ll learn how to understand Oracle database architecture, set up and manage an Oracle database, and keep it running in tiptop form. Oracle 11g For Dummies covers:
- The building blocks behind the database engine as well as Oracle’s physical and logical structures
- Hardware, software, system, and storage requirements for implementation
- How to recognize and accommodate the differences between Oracle installations on Windows and on Linux/UNIX
- Daily and intermittent tasks necessary to keep your database running properly
- How to assess potential threats to your database, configure Oracle Recovery Manager, and set up backup and recovery procedures
- When to use online, offline, controlfile, and archivelog backups
- Troubleshooting methodology and how to use Oracle database logs and other diagnostic utilities
- Different ways to manage your database
- How to automate jobs with the Oracle Scheduler
- Using SQL in Oracle, and a great deal more
Completely up to date for the newest release of Oracle, Oracle 11g For Dummies will give you both the information and the confidence to set up and maintain an Oracle database for your organization.
About the Author
Chris Zeis is Chief Technology Officer and partner at Perpetual Technologies, Inc., an Oracle partner. Chris Ruel is an Oracle database administrator and consultant. Michael Wessler manages multiple Web applications for the Department of Defense and consults at various government and private agencies.
The Cytology of Soft Tissue Tumours (Monographs in Clinical Cytology)
The cytological diagnosis of soft tissue tumours, based on fine needle aspirates, has been debated and at times dis couraged except in the diagnosis of lipoma. Soft tissue tumours are relatively rare in spite of the fact that more than 100 benign subtypes, over 50 variants of sarcoma and a number of 'border-line' entities have been...
101 Spy Gadgets for the Evil Genius 101 SPY DEVICES FOR SERIOUS SNOOPING
This book offers an amazingly awesome and complete collection of professional spy tools that you can build yourself. You can build any project in this thrilling arsenal of spy devices for $30 or less! Not only that, even total beginners to electronics can construct these mind-boggling...
IP Routing Primer Plus IP Routing Primer Plus takes the reader on a methodical journey through the OSI model and shows the relationship of the different IP protocol suite. It gives the readers a "big picture view" design to equip them to use the protocols, or to prepare for a certification exam. Topics covered include a review of the OSI model as well as:
... Body Language
When we speak something, it is our body and its gestures that help in conveying the desired message effectively and easily. Sometimes we don’t utter a single word, and yet we are able to communicate a lot. It is because our body parts, especially our facial expressions combined with various other gestures, speak a language of their own,...