If you are a typical Oracle professional, you don't have the luxury of time to keep up with new technology and read all the new manuals to understand each new feature of each release of Oracle. You need a comprehensive source of information and techniques for using the new technology. You need Oracle Internals: Tips, Tricks, and Techniques for DBAs.
This book is a compendium of the best and most useful articles from Oracle Internals, Auerbach Publications' newsletter for Oracle database administrators and other Oracle professionals. Edited by Oracle guru Donald K. Burleson, it provides in-depth, highly technical information not found in any other books, information only available from peers and consultants.
The chapters focus on the truly tough stuff--proven techniques learned in the trenches. You could get this information from other sources, but you'd have to hunt and peck for it. Oracle Interals: Tips, Tricks, and Techniques for DBAs gives you all the advice you need in one easy-to-use resource.
- Highlights the suite of Oracle Web development tools and gives you an in-depth understanding of the internal communications between HTTP and XML
- Demonstrates how Java can be used to create portable and robust Oracle applications
- Contains invlauable tips and tricks regarding how to use the different dialects of UNIX to communicate with the database
- Provides information from Oracle tuning experts on maximizing the performance of SQL statements within Oracle's library cache and ensuring that your Oracle database runs at optimal levels
- Explains the internal architecture of disk I/O subsystems and how to ensure that they make proper use of Oracle's RAM buffers in order to minimize disk I/O
- Explores issues surrounding distributed Oracle systems, specfically techniques for automating the distribution of Oracle client software and tools for Net8 and SQL *Net performance tuning
- Covers the technical nuances of the EBU and RMAN products