The Renowned Oracle Resource--Fully Updated for Oracle9i
Get comprehensive information on all the features of Oracle9i. Written by best-selling authors and Oracle gurus Kevin Loney, George Koch, and the experts at TUSC, Oracle9i: The Complete Reference covers critical relational, object-relational, and Web database concepts, as well as SQL, SQL*PLUS, PL/SQL, Java, JDBC, SQLJ, and XML programming. You'll also get full details on database administration techniques--and much more. This authoritative volume is a must-have tool for all Oracle professionals.
- Use flashback queries to see data as it existed prior to commits
- Create, query, and manage external tables
- Create partitions, indexes, and tablespaces
- Execute and tune SQL queries
- Produce sophisticated reports using SQL*PLUS
- Load data from external files into Oracle database tables with SQL*Loader
- Create triggers, stored procedures, functions, and packages with PL/SQL
- Implement types, object views, and methods
- Develop robust database applications with SQLJ, JDBC, and XML
- Take advantage of the Oracle9i data dictionary and optimizer
- Tour the components of Oracle9i Application Server (Oracle9iAS)
- Manage, tune, back up, and recover Oracle9i databases
- Learn anytime, anywhere with a 90-day Oracle University Professional subscription. Details on CD-ROM
Bonus CD includes fully searchable electronic book, complete listings of all tables, and an Oracle9i "Information & Documentation Kit" featuring Release 2 New Features White Paper and selected documentation.
About the Author
Kevin Loney (Wilmington, DE) is a veteran Oracle developer and DBA. He is the author of the best-selling Oracle8 DBA Handbook and co-author of Advanced Tuning and Administration and Oracle8i: The Complete Reference. He frequently makes presentations at Oracle conferences and contributes to Oracle Magazine.