Oracle9IR2 Data Warehousing is a guide to using the Data Warehouse features in the latest versions of Oracle—Oracle9i Release 1 and Release 2. Written by people on the Oracle development team that designed and implemented the code, this updated and expanded edition provides an insider’s view of how the Oracle9i Release 2 software is best used for your application.
It provides a detailed look at a wide range of topics including:
- new techniques to facilitate the ETL process to transform data and load the warehouse
- How to use the Oracle OLAP and Data Mining options
- An entire chapter devoted to using materialized views to radically improve warehouse performance.
This book will show you how to use the Oracle database with tools such as Oracle Discoverer to query the warehouse, generate reports that can be deployed over the web, and gain better insight into your business.
This how-to guide provides step-by-step instructions including screen captures to make it easier to design, build, and optimize performance of the data warehouse or data mart.
- Based on 9i plus the improvements in Release 2
- Presents concepts with working examples
- Describes best practices and critical implementation tradeoffs, based on users’ actual implementations