Take the unCONQUERability out of ORGANIC CHEMISTRY!
Now anyone can master organic chemistry -- without tears, unlimited time, or a Ph.D. In Organic Chemistry Demystified, organic chemist and experienced teacher Daniel Bloch provides an effective and painless way to learn or review organic chemistry, from the chemical bonds that enable the same elements to form different compounds, to the chemical processes of life itself.
With Organic Chemistry Demystified, you master the subject one step at a time -- at your own speed. This unique self-teaching guide breaks organic chemistry into manageable, interesting segments, and provides self-test questions at the end of each chapter to reinforce learning and pinpoint weaknesses. A 190-question final exam reviews the entire book.
A fast, entertaining route to mastering a tough subject, this reader-friendly guide allows you to:
- Eliminate the misery from one of the most threatening courses ever to confront a science or pre-med major
- Use classic Demystified help -- illustrations, Q&As, and reader-friendly explanations -- to coast through every topic in a standard organic chemistry text
- Discover tricks for visualizing molecules in 3-D
- Learn why atoms combine in different ways to form various compounds
- Master nomenclature, stereochemistry, characterization techniques, reaction mechanisms, and the chemistry that makes life work
- Get friendly with alkenes, alkynes, alcohols, ethers, aldehydes, and more
- Excel in the class that separates the men and women from the children
- Take a "final exam" and grade it yourself!
A quick, effective way to learn organic chemistry, Organic Chemistry Demystified is the perfect shortcut through one of the most challenging courses ever to set a student's knees to quaking.
About the Author
Daniel Bloch, Ph.D. received a PhD in organic chemistry from the University of Illinois. He spent 30 years in the industrial world in scientific and management positions at SC Johnson and Aldrich Chemical. Dr. Bloch has held visiting professorships in chemistry at several universities, teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels. He has over 30 publications, patents, and technical presentations. Dr. Bloch has lectured nationally and internationally. Currently he is president of Lakeshore Research, LLC, a contract consulting firm.