Home | Amazing | Today | Tags | Publishers | Years | Account | Search 
Osteoporosis: A Guide for Clinicians

Buy
As the population ages, the prevalence of osteoporosis is increasing worldwide. Care of osteoporotic patients is in the hands of endocrinologists, rheumatologists, geriatricians, primary care physicians, and even physician assistants and nurse practitioners. The field of osteoporosis is evolving rapidly, with new agents, diagnostic methods, and management options being added every day. New data are being published monthly, and for clinicians busy in their practices it is challenging to find the luxury of time to learn these new developments.

Osteoporosis A Guide for Clinicians presents the disease in a comprehensive yet palatable and easily digestible form for busy clinicians, fellows, residents, and students. It delves into all aspects of the disease, from pathophysiology to diagnosis and management. Separate chapters have been devoted to vitamin D deficiency and workup and recognition of secondary causes of bone loss, because these are very important aspects in treating patients successfully. Two chapters focus on future agents on the horizon for osteoporosis and tailoring therapy to specific patient populations. We have also included real patient cases from our clinics and emphasized teaching points for each of the cases.

As an added bonus, we have annotated most of the references so that anyone interested in learning more about the studies mentioned in the text will have easy access to the research methodology, results, and conclusions. To our knowledge, this is the first osteoporosis book that has done this.

After reading Osteoporosis, the clinician should have a good understanding of the disorder and should feel comfortable treating it and implementing the appropriate workup and follow-up. We hope that this book will be a valuable tool in providing excellent osteoporosis care in clinics and will help individuals in teaching institutions in disseminating knowledge about the disease to their colleagues and trainees.
(HTML tags aren't allowed.)

Show Me Microsoft Project 2003
Show Me Microsoft Project 2003

Welcome to Show Me Microsoft Office Project 2003, a visual quick reference book that shows you how to work efficiently with Project 2003. This book provides complete coverage of basic and intermediate Project 2003 skills.

This book covers the...

Robust Control Systems with Genetic Algorithms (Control Series)
Robust Control Systems with Genetic Algorithms (Control Series)

In recent years, new paradigms have emerged to replace-or augment-the traditional, mathematically based approaches to optimization. The most powerful of these are genetic algorithms (GA), inspired by natural selection, and genetic programming, an extension of GAs based on the optimization of symbolic codes.

Robust
...

Software Development: Building Reliable Systems
Software Development: Building Reliable Systems

80% of software projects fail -- here’s why the other 20% succeed!

Software Development is the most thorough, realistic guide to "what works" in software development - and how to make it happen in your organization. Leading consultant Marc Hamilton tackles all three key components of...


Pediatric Neurology: A Case-Based Review (Rosser, Pediatric Neurology)
Pediatric Neurology: A Case-Based Review (Rosser, Pediatric Neurology)
The idea for the development of this book arose while preparing for the oral portion of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology board examination. I quickly came to realize that there was no current published collection of cases in pediatric...
Essential GWT: Building for the Web with Google Web Toolkit 2 (Developer's Library)
Essential GWT: Building for the Web with Google Web Toolkit 2 (Developer's Library)

With Google Web Toolkit, Java developers can build sophisticated Rich Internet Applications (RIAs) and complete Web sites using the powerful IDEs and tools they already use. Now, with GWT 2, Google Web Toolkit has become even more useful. Essential GWT shows how to use this latest version of GWT to create production solutions...

Electrotherapeutic Devices: Principles, Design, and Applications
Electrotherapeutic Devices: Principles, Design, and Applications

Electrotherapy is fast gaining mainstream acceptance, no doubt due to the growing mountain of clinical evidence demonstrating its effectiveness. To meet the growing demand for information, this scientifically rigorous guide gives healthcare professionals and engineers essential technical, biological, and clinical background together with...

©2019 LearnIT (support@pdfchm.net) - Privacy Policy