Painting your home yourself can be faster, more affordable and even easier than hiring professionals—but only if you get it right the first time. Painting Do-It-Yourself For Dummies, helps you do just that with easy-to-follow, step-by-step procedures for giving your, floors, walls, and ceilings the extreme makeover of your dreams.
More than 500 photos and illustrations show you exactly how to perform each step of each procedure the right way and avoid drips, smudges, and ugly surfaces. You'll find out how to choose the best paint for the job, figure out how much paint you'll need, and use rollers, brushes, and other painting tools with skill and precision. Before you know it, you'll have the confidence and ability to tackle any household painting project with ease. You'll discover how to:
- Select the proper tools and materials for each painting job
- Choose colors that will work for you—now and for years to come
- Prepare your room and the surface for painting
- Make necessary wall and ceiling repairs before painting
- Brush up on painting basics
- Create faux finishes with shapes and patterns
- Use glazes to dazzling effect
- Bring out the beauty of wood trim, windows and doors
- Finesse furniture, frames, and other household items
Complete with a handy list of dos and don'ts for perfecting your painting skills, Painting Do-It-Yourself for Dummies, gives you the guidance, tips, and information you need to get a professional-level outcome every time.