Home | Amazing | Today | Tags | Publishers | Years | Account | Search 
Palm Programming: The Developer's Guide

Buy
What accounts for the PalmPilot's astonishing success? After all, there are more fully featured handhelds (the dead Apple Newton), smaller ones (Rex), less expensive ones (Avigo), ones with keyboards (Psion), and ones backed by Microsoft (Windows CE devices). Yet all of those palmtops (and many more) put together constitute only 35% of the palmtop market. PalmPilot sales make up the remaining 65%. Some of the reasons for its success are evident: the PalmPilot is truly shirt-pocketable, inexpensive, fast, and simple, and a pair of AAA batteries drive it for two or three months (compare with 15 to 20 hours on a Windows CE gadget). But there's another, bigger reason that overshadows all the others: the PalmPilot is amazingly easy, pleasant, and satisfying to program.

At this writing, there are over 7,000 PalmPilot developers. My guess is that 6,950 of them are teenagers in their bedrooms. But that's just the point-because 3Com/Palm Computing and the Palm OS are so open, so clear, so friendly, almost anyone with a little programming experience can create new software for this addictive piece of circuitry. Maybe that's why 5,000 PalmPilot programs on 500 Web sites are kicking around at this very moment. No other handheld platform offers as many easily accessible development toolsand so much encouragement from Palm Computing, the mother ship.

As a result, it's astonishing that this is the first and only book on PalmPilot programming-and gratifying that it's so meaty, complete, and informative. Authors Neil Rhodes and Julie McKeehan do more than rattle off lists of calls and APIs; in a gentle, book-long arc, the authors lead you through the creation of a sample PalmPilot program. Along the way, you'll learn to create almost every aspect of a Palm OS application, such as databases, beaming, menus, dialogs, data entry, finding, and conduits to the desktop PC.
(HTML tags aren't allowed.)

Windows 8 Step by Step
Windows 8 Step by Step
Windows 8 is the latest operating system from Microsoft, launched three years after the successful Windows 7. Unlike recent versions, Windows 8 brings many important changes to the world of Windows operating systems.

If Windows 7 was made to run on more traditional computers such as laptops, desktops,
...
Advances in Biometrics: Sensors, Algorithms and Systems
Advances in Biometrics: Sensors, Algorithms and Systems

Biometrics technology continues to stride forward with its wider acceptance and its real need in various new security facets of modern society. From simply logging on to a laptop to crossing the border of a country, biometrics is being called upon to meet the growing challenges of identity management.

With contributions from academia and...

Historical Archaeology of Gendered Lives (Contributions To Global Historical Archaeology)
Historical Archaeology of Gendered Lives (Contributions To Global Historical Archaeology)

During the last half of the nineteenth century, a number of social and economic factors converged that resulted in the rural village of Deerfield, Massachusetts becoming almost entirely female. This drastic shift in population presents a unique lens through which to study gender roles and social relations in the late nineteenth and early...


Home Networking For Dummies (Computer/Tech)
Home Networking For Dummies (Computer/Tech)

Integrate a Vista PC into your existing XP network

Share the Internet and work more efficiently from anywhere in your home!

Ready to become the administrator of your own home network? This bestselling guide has been fully updated to walk you through all the newest options...

ERP and Data Warehousing in Organizations: Issues and Challenges
ERP and Data Warehousing in Organizations: Issues and Challenges
Offering ERP deployment strategies for information as diverse as patient records, police and community relations, and geospatial services, this text addresses the complex issues that IT and communication technologies pose for organizations of all sizes.

The successful implementation and deployment of enterprise resource planning depends...

Project Management For Dummies
Project Management For Dummies

The tools you need for successful project management

In today's time-crunched, cost-conscious global business environment, tight project deadlines and stringent expectations are the norm. Now with 25% new and updated content, Project Management For Dummies, 3rd Edition introduces you to the principles of...

©2019 LearnIT (support@pdfchm.net) - Privacy Policy