Perl, now more than ever!
A few years ago, Perl was a secret of UNIX® programmers who wanted to combine the power of grep, awk, sed, tr, shells and C in a single easy language. These days it's everywhere, as the source language for the CGI scripts that make the Internet go 'round.
This Second Edition of Perl by Example is completely revised and updated to bring you up to the minute with:
* Complete coverage of Perl 5.
* Bug fixes to existing versions.
* Full treatment of CGI scripting.
Written with the same friendly tone and filled with practical examples, Perl by Example still focuses on bringing you practical information without a lot of fluff. From basic scripting to complex network applications, you'll maximize your learning with:
* Hands-on tutorials, from simple reports to sophisticated Perl scripts.
* One-to-one comparisons with other familiar languages and utilities.
* Convenient reference for ongoing learning.
The enclosed CD-ROM contains distributions of Perl for Windows 3.1, 95, NT, and UNIX systems, plus multiple add-on libraries for all users. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
About the Author