Your one-stop Photoshop reference, filled with the latest tips and techniques
There’s a reason why Photoshop is the industry standard for image-editing software. But it’s also that big, Photoshop has so many facets and features that a handy one-stop guide is exactly what you need. And you’ll love the “Putting It Together” exercises that give you hands-on experience – in rich, full color!
- Learn the parts — the desktop, menus, panels, and key tools, and how to use Adobe Bridge
- Make your selection — learn about each of the selection tools plus the powerful Pen tool and Paths panel
- Brush up — on the Brush and Pencil tools and how to create vector shapes, create and edit type, and put type on a path
- Restore and retouch — correct and enhance color, improve contrast, and use the Clone Stamp and Healing tools to fix flaws and damage
- Print it — learn how to get the right resolution, image mode, and file format, and prepare your work for printing
Open the book and find:
About the Author
- How to crop images and increase their canvas size
- Tips for creating gradients and patterns
- Advice on resizing images
- How to composite images with layers and blending modes
- Filter techniques to correct or alter images
- How the Vanishing Point feature makes editing easier
- Steps for making adjustments with levels and curves
- How to create contact sheets
Barbara Obermeier is the principal of Obermeier Design, a graphic design studio in California specializing in print and Web design. She is currently a Graphic Design faculty member at Brooks Institute.
Who Needs Emotions?: The Brain Meets the Robot (Series in Affective Science)
The idea that some day robots may have emotions has captured the imagination of many and has been dramatized by robots and androids in such famous movies as 2001 Space Odyssey's HAL or Star Trek's Data. By contrast, the editors of this book have assembled a panel of experts in neuroscience and artificial intelligence who have dared to...
The Good Retirement Guide 2019: Everything You Need to Know About Health, Property, Investment, Leisure, Work, Pensions and Tax
Whether it is a relaxing, action-packed or financially rewarding retirement you are planning for, this is the book for you. Revised and updated, The Good Retirement Guide 2019 is packed with hundreds of useful hints, tips and insights into your retirement preparation, including brand new advice on making a career change...
Java(TM) Network Programming and Distributed Computing Java(TM) Network Programming and Distributed Computing is an accessible
introduction to the changing face of networking theory, Java(TM) technology, and the
fundamental elements of the Java networking API. With the explosive growth of the
Internet, Web applications, and Web services, the majority of today's programs and
Adobe Creative Suite Keyboard Shortcuts
Save time and effort while boosting your productivity and simplifying your work with the help of this handy guide. Inside, you’ll learn how to use the hundreds of keyboard shortcuts built into Adobe Creative Suite—from mainstream shortcuts for frequent operations to little-known time-savers that few users ever discover....