All leaders know people are critical to the success of organizations. Executives just don’t act that way sometimes. Why? Because they lack the facts. Too often they don’t know which workforce practices create the greatest value or which attributes of a workforce are critical to business strategy.
Absent these facts, executives look outside for cues on what to do through benchmarking and searching for so-called best practices. The result is a perverse reality in which other companies, often competitors, are in effect telling them how to run their company. Such copycat tactics can’t be right, and the evidence shows they aren’t.
Play to Your Strengths describes this new science of human capital management. Using it gives companies the advantage of acting based on the measured impact of their firm-specific practices.
- Learn how to break the typically squishy thinking around workforce decisions
- Learn why understanding your “internal labor market” is key to creating a productive workforce
- Learn how to actually predict what effect new practices will have on business results
- Learn how to beat the competition with advantages others can’t copy
- Learn how to build true accountability for optimizing the return on your human capital investments