New tools have made it easier to create a podcast. The second edition of Podcasting For Dummies shows you how you can create and distribute your own online recordings using tools you already have. This edition also covers what you need to build a top-notch podcasting studio. Expert podcasters Tee Morris and Evo Terra are joined on this edition by a fellow podcasting guru, Chuck Tomasi, to walk you through recording, editing, posting, and promoting a podcast. Chapters cover:
About the Author
- Choosing a topic that fits your expertise
- Writing an outline or script for your podcast
- Turning your existing computer into a desktop podcasting studio
- Picking the microphone, headphones, and audio editing software that best suit your needs
- Upgrading to pro-level podcasting equipment
- Conducting interviews and recording an interview subject who’s not in the room with you
- Navigating the XML code you need to share your podcast
- Finding a place to host your podcast online
- Promoting your podcasts in the blogosphere, online discussion groups, and social networking sites
- Seeking out sponsors, advertising, and subscriptions to make your podcast pay
- Creating podcasts designed to promote a business
Tee Morris, Chuck Tomasi, and Evo Terra are podcasting pros. Tee shares his sci-fi writings as "podiobooks," Chuck hosts the popular Technorama podcast, and Evo is a podcast producer.
Hacking the Code: ASP.NET Web Application Security
This unique book walks you through the many threats to your web application code, from managing and authorizing users and encrypting private data to filtering user input and securing XML. For every defined threat, it provides a menu of solutions and coding considerations. And, it offers coding examples and a set of security policies for each of...
Oracle Warehouse Builder 11g: Getting Started Competing in today's world requires a greater emphasis on strategy, long-range planning, and decision making, and this is why businesses are building data warehouses. Data warehouses are becoming more and more common as businesses have realized the need to mine the information that is stored in electronic form. Data warehouses provide valuable...
Basic Visual Formatting in CSS: Layout Fundamentals in CSS
Some aspects of the Css formatting model may seem counterintuitive at first, but as you’ll learn in this practical guide, the more you work with these features, the more they make sense. Author Eric Meyer gives you a good grounding in Css visual rendering, from element box rules and concepts to the specifics of managing tricky...
High-Speed VLSI Interconnections
This Second Edition focuses on emerging topics and advances in the field of VLSI interconnections
In the decade since High-Speed VLSI Interconnections was first published, several major developments have taken place in the field. Now, updated to reflect these advancements, this Second Edition includes new information on...
Biostatistical Design and Analysis Using R
R is a powerful and flexible statistical and graphical environment that is freely distributed under the GNU Public Licencea for all major computing platforms (Windows, MacOSX and Linux). This open source licence along with a relatively simple scripting syntax has promoted diverse and rapid evolution and contribution. As the broader scientific...