The power of ASP.NET MVC 5 stems from the underlying ASP.NET platform. To make your ASP.NET MVC applications the best they can be, you need to fully understand the platform features and know how they can be used to build effective and elegant MVC framework applications.
The ASP.NET platform provides ASP.NET MVC applications with a rich suite of services including vital every-day features like extensible request handling, state management, and user authentication. Understanding how these features work is the difference between creating an average web application and the best-in-class.
MVC applications that are architected with a thorough knowledge of the underlying platforms are faster to write, faster to run, and more readily adaptable to change. In Pro ASP.NET MVC 5 Platform, best-selling author Adam Freeman explains how to get the most from the entire ASP.NET platform, beginning with a nuts-and-bolts description of the patterns and tools you need through to the most advanced features. He goes in-depth at every stage to give you the practical knowledge that you need to apply these concepts to your own code.
What youÂll learn
• Understand how ASP.NET MVC 5 is built on the ASP.NET platform.
• Create scalable MVC framework web applications that work in harmony with the underlying platform
• Understand the ASP.NET Lifecycle and how it affects the whole ASP.NET stack
• Extend and Customize the ASP.NET platform to suit your MVC5 web application
Who this book is for
The book is ideal for anyone wanting to use ASP.NET MVC 5 in a professional context. It works particularly well as a compliment to Adam Freeman's other ASP.NET MVC titles Pro ASP.NET MVC 5, Pro ASP.NET MVC 5 Client, and Expert ASP.NET Web API 2 for MVC Developers.
Table of Contents
Part 1. Getting Ready
1. Putting the ASP.NET Platform in Context
2. Patterns and Tools Primer
Part 2. The ASP.NET Platform Foundation
3. The ASP.NET Lifecycles
6. Disrupting the Request Lifecycle
7. Detecting Device Capabilities
8. Tracing Requests
Part 3. The ASP.NET Services
10. State Data
11. Caching Data
12. Caching Content
13. Get Started with ASP.NET Identity
14. Applying ASP.NET Identity
15. Advanced ASP.NET Identity