Now you can uncover the secrets behind accessing and retrieving data from a wide range of data sources such as SQL Server and XML sources. This book walks you through the array of ADO.NET 2.0 features and clearly shows you how they can be used to develop database-driven web applications in ASP.NET.
You’ll first gain an in-depth understanding of the data source controls that enable data binding in the ASP.NET platform. Next you’ll uncover the advanced features of ASP.NET, including site navigation, implementing sorting and paging, and editing data in templates. You’ll then focus on designing transactions in ADO.NET 2.0, displaying data, and utilizing SQL Server 2005 XML.
Throughout the chapters, you’ll find examples and source code (with ASP.NET examples written in C#) that you can integrate into your applications. This will enable you to leverage ADO.NET and ASP.NET features so you can easily create a scalable N-Tier web site.
Some of the topics covered include:
- ASP.NET 2.0 Data Controls
- Data Binding with the SqlDataSource Control, XML Data, and Objects
- Selecting, Updating, Deleting Records
- Programmatically Creating and Adding Controls
- XSL Transformations with XmlDataSource Control
- Using Generics with the ObjectDataSource Control
- ASP.NET 2.0 Site Navigation including Implementing Breadcrumbs and Binding to Other Controls
- Displaying and Editing Data Using Templates
- GridView Sorting and Paging
- Advanced Data Source and Data-Bound Controls including Master/Detail Display, Displaying Images from a Database, and Using Themes with Data Bound Controls
- Transactions in .NET and Interoperability between System.Transactions and System.EnterpriseServices
- Advanced ADO.NET for ASP.NET Data Display including DataSet Object, ADO.NET 2.0 DataTable, and Provider-Independent Data Access Code
- Accessing Data from SQL Server 2005 including CLR in SQL Server 2005, New XML Features in SQL Server 2005, and Working with XML Data-Typed Columns from ADO.NET
- N-Tier Architecture with ASP.NET 2.0 and SQL Server 2005
- Best Practices for Creating ASP.NET Web Sites including Implementation of CLR Stored Procedures and Implementation of Layers
Instant Zurb Foundation 4
Get up and running in an instant with Zurb Foundation 4 Framework
Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
Construct responsive and mobile-ready web pages without worrying about browser-related issues. Just code once and it will...
Oracle SQL*Plus: The Definitive Guide Updated for Oracle 10g, this bestselling book is the only in-depth guide to SQL*Plus. It clearly describes how to perform, step-by-step, all of the tasks that Oracle developers and DBAs want to perform with SQL*Plus--and maybe some you didn't realize you could perform. If you want to leverage of the full power and flexibility of this popular...
Computer Network Security A comprehensive survey of computer network security concepts, methods, and practices. This authoritative volume provides an optimal description of the principles and applications of computer network security in particular, and cyberspace security in general. The book is thematically divided into three segments: Part I describes the operation and... The Leydig Cell in Health and Disease (Contemporary Endocrinology)
This book provides a comprehensive study of the Leydig cell, a fascinating and important cell type. It presents all of the developments in our understanding of Leydig cell biology and explores a wide variety of current and potential clinical applications. All aspects of Leydig cell biology, development, regulation, and physiology are explored...