The launch of Microsoft's Visual Studio 2005 Team System (VSTS) is the most significant event in the software development lifecycle tools market for many years, and this book supplies the tools you need to take full advantage of it. Comprising three new role-based editions of Visual Studio, a server-side repository for all software development artifacts, a process enactment framework, and numerous integration features, VSTS is set to revolutionize collaborative software development.
What you will learn from this book
- How VSTS can enable software architects to visually model your distributed systems and deployment scenarios
- Various ways VSTS can help developers to write, validate, refactor, debug, and unit test your code
- How testers can use VSTS to manage test cases for unit testing, web testing, load testing, and manual testing
- How Domain Specific Language tools allow you to create a custom graphical designer using a domain model
- The two flavors of the Microsoft® Solutions Framework and how the associated process guidance is included in the toolset
- How software development artifacts and process-specific work items are contained and controlled in the centralized Team Foundation Server
Who this book is for
This book is for intermediate- to advanced-level professionals in the field of commercial or enterprise software development who want to learn about the newest Microsoft tools.
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.
Flash CS4 Professional Bible "...detailed tutorials...comprehensive guide to Flash development using the Flash CS4 IDE." (BitWiseMag.com, March 9th 2009)
A completely revised and updated edition of the all-time bestselling Flash title
- Written by two of the world’s leading Flash experts, this comprehensive reference provides you
Leo Laporte's 2006 Gadget Guide Gadget geeks and technology buffs, this is the book for you! Leo Laporte's 2006 Gadget Guide is the definitive guide to all of your gadget-buying questions for 2005-06. Leo Laporte, host of TechTVs "Call for Help" and Que Publishing's resident gadget guru, boils down the reams and reams of product... Visual C# 2005 How to Program (2nd Edition)
The complete, authoritative Deitel® Live-Code introduction to object-oriented programming with C# 2.0, Visual C#® 2005, ADO.NET 2.0, ASP.NET 2.0 and Web Services! C# is one of the world’s most powerful object-oriented languages. This new edition, which is completely updated to...
A Business Guide to Information Security This book was designed, and is intended to be used, as both a digital and an analogue (that is, dual online and hardcopy) resource. The speed of evolution in computing and of the internet means that any book on information security starts going out of date fairly quickly. On top of that, there is a six- to eight-month gap between completing the... Queueing Theory with Applications to Packet Telecommunication Soon after Samuel Morse’s telegraphing device led to a deployed electrical
telecommunications system in 1843, waiting lines began to form by those
wanting to use the system. At this writing queueing is still a significant factor in
designing and operating communications services, whether they are provided
over the Internet...
Microsoft Access 2013 Plain & Simple
Learn the simplest ways to get things done with Microsoft Access 2013
Get the full-color, visual guide that makes learning Microsoft Access 2013 plain and simple! Follow the book’s easy steps and screenshots and clear, concise language to learn the simplest ways to build a database and sort information.