Use this comprehensive guide to get the essential, straightforward information you need to master the core capabilities of Visual Basic 2005.
Get the essential, straightforward information you need to master the core capabilities of Visual Basic 2005. Focusing on the language and the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 base class library, a well-known authority on Visual Basic provides both new and experienced developers the pragmatic guidance and examples they need to build innovative solutions.
Discover how to:
- Compress files, manipulate ACLs, use semaphores, and exploit other new capabilities in the .NET Framework 2.0
- Implement generics to define a type-safe data structure
- Use inheritance, polymorphism, interfaces, delegates, and attributes to write flexible applications
- Use the My namespace to perform common tasks more easily
- Work with the new editing and debugging features of Microsoft Visual Studio 2005
- Master regular expressions and perform complex text searches and input validation
- Take advantage of streams, serialization, and threading techniques
- Implement advanced programming techniques based on custom attributes, reflection, and on-the-fly
- Interact with legacy code by using Pinvoke and COM Interop
- Understand key differences from Visual Basic 6.0
About the Author
Francesco Balena has been programming with Visual Basic since version 1.0. He is the author of many Microsoft Press titles, including the widely acclaimed prior editions of this book. Francesco is a cofounder of Code Architects srl, an Italian software company that specializes in using Microsoft technologies to create enterprise-level solutions and programming tools. In addition, he is a regional director for MSDN Italy, and a popular speaker at developer conferences.
Matlab for Neuroscientists: An Introduction to Scientific Computing in Matlab Matlab is the accepted standard for scientific computing, used globally in virtually all Neuroscience and Cognitive Psychology laboratories. For instance, SPM, the most used software for the analysis and manipulation of fMRI images in research and clinical practice is fully programmed in matlab, and its use of the possibility to allow for... C# Language Pocket Reference
C# is a programming language from Microsoft that is designed specifically to target the .NET Framework. Microsoft's .NET Framework is a runtime environment and class library that dramatically simplifies the development of modern, component-based applications.
The Googlization of Everything: (And Why We Should Worry)
In the beginning, the World Wide Web was exciting and open to the point of anarchy, a vast and intimidating repository of unindexed confusion. Into this creative chaos came Google with its dazzling missionÂÂTo organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible”Âand its much-quoted motto, ÂDon’t be...
Computing Information Technology: The Human Side From the senior management to the clerical and support group levels, this study addresses the possible pitfalls and triumphs of implementing information technology (IT) into organizations in terms of organizational strategies, structures, and communication methods. Issues of human-computer interaction, ethics, privacy, and security are raised to... Absolute Beginner's Guide to eBay (3rd Edition)
On any given day there are more than 7 million items listed for auction at ebay (ebay), the world's largest online trading community. At the end of its last fiscal quarter, ebay had 49.7 million registered users, more than double the number of users just two years previous. It is estimated that $9.3 billion worth of merchandise, in more than 423...