"Crammed with everything you need, and I mean everything. Simple explanations with brilliant illustrations, every conceivable studio tip and trick, a few 'rock star' anecdotes and, as usual, Tim's humor is great." Bob Schwall, Battery Studios
Over a thousand easy-to-use tips, hints, tricks, how-tos, setups, explanations and suggestions for today's recording engineer, musician and home studio user.
Get ahead in the business - be the engineer everyone wants to hire - achieve success with the very best recordings. Tim Crich's bestselling Recording Tips for Engineers provides the knowledge you need to rise to the top. From years of experience working with big name rock stars, Tim Crich shares his expertise and gives you all the essential insider tips and short cuts.
Great for engineers of all levels, this guide is packed with simple and practical advice using real life studio situations. The bulleted lists and clear illustrations will save you valuable time and allow for fast in session reference.
* Tips on proper microphone choice, setup and placement
* Full sections on equalization and compression methods
* Guidance on recording drums, guitars and vocals
* Advice on creating professional mixes
* Best ways to take control of your recording environment
* Packed with insider tips and short-cuts to achieve the very best recordings
* Written in a concise and entertaining style for fast, in-session reference
* Learn from an experienced pro who has worked on records by the Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, John Lennon, KISS, Billy Joel, US, David Bowie, Bon Jovi and many more!
About the Author
Tim Crich has over 20 years of experience in the recording studio, and worked on records by The Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, John Lennon, KISS, Billy Joel, U2, David Bowie, Bon Jovi, Ozzy, Cher, Bryan Adams, Tuff Beans and many more. He has engineered for some of the biggest producers in the world.
He is also author of the bestselling 'Assistant Engineers Handbook' (Black Ink Publishing).