Your Official Red Hat® Linux® Guide to Networking and System Administration
Reviewed by the experts at Red Hat, this in-depth guide delivers all the know-how you need to set up and manage a state-of-the-art Linux network.
Red Hat Linux experts Terry Collings and Kurt Wall start with the basics—network planning and Red Hat installation and configuration. They then show you in detail how to set up network and Internet services, from establishing a network file system to configuring mail services. Eight chapters give you the lowdown on customizing the kernel, automating tasks with scripting, performing backups, and more—the nuts-and-bolts maintenance information you need to keep your system running smoothly. And last but not least, the authors provide nearly 100 pages of proven strategies and tips for maintaining system security.
Complete with utilities and code on CD-ROM, this official Red Hat Linux guide is the one resource you need for a secure, high-performance Linux network.
Proven Red Hat Linux Networking and Administration Solutions
- Plan your network, install Red Hat Linux, and get a handle on the file system and configuration files
- Configure TCP/IP networking, the Network File System, and the Network Information System
- Set up print services and connections to Windows and Macintosh clients
- Monitor performance, administer users and groups, back up and restore the file system, and install or upgrade software packages
- Design a security plan, implement local security, set up firewalls and proxy servers, and combat system intrusions
- Troubleshoot file system, networking, printing, and e-mail problems
Reviewed by the Experts at Red Hat