Your On-the-Job Quick Reference
Carry essential Red Hat Linux administration and troubleshooting information right in your back pocket so you can handle a wide variety of tasks on-the-spot. This handy resource covers key management topics, with an emphasis on system administration, and gives you quick solutions in an easy-to-find format. Don't leave your desk without it!
Get details on:
About the Author
- Managing and securing users and groups
- Installing software and building RPM packages
- Using the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard (FHS)
- Mounting, formatting, and configuring file systems
- Managing multiple hard disks with RAID and LVM
- Device files and modules
- Print servers (CUPS and LPRng)
- Kernel administration
- Scheduling tasks and managing services
Richard Petersen (Berkeley, CA) has an MLIS in library and information studies and teaches UNIX and C/C++ courses at the University of California at Berkeley. He is the author of Linux: The Complete Reference (first and second editions) and Academic Press' Introductory C: Pointers, Functions, and Files.