The complete guide to requirements analysis for every system analyst and project team member.
Thousands of software projects are doomed from the start because they're based on a faulty understanding of the business problem that must be solved. The solution is effective requirements analysis. In Requirements Analysis: From Business Views to Architecture, David C. Hay gives you a comprehensive overview of the world's best requirements analysis practices, organized coherently to help you choose and execute the best approach for every project. In addition, he guides you through the process of defining an architecture—from gaining a full understanding of what business people need to the creation of a complete enterprise architecture.
Practical solutions will help you:
- Focus more clearly on the goals of requirements analysis
- Represent the fundamental structures and systems environment of any enterprise more accurately
- Identify key information processing gaps and discover which information technologies can best address them
- Clarify the goals of your new system and reflect them more accurately in your models
- Understand crucial people-related issues that impact requirements
- Plan smooth transitions to new systems
Requirements Analysis: From Business Views to Architecture provides the complete process of defining an architecture—so that you can build a rock-solid foundation for your next software project.
About the Author
David C. Hay has been developing interactive, database-oriented systems since the days of punched cards, paper tape, and teletype machines. He is president of Essential Strategies, Inc., a Houston, Texas-based worldwide consultancy that uses modeling techniques to help construct information strategies and architectures, and defines requirements in a wide range of organizations, including pharmaceutical researchers, news-gathering and broadcasting firms, oil refiners, and government agencies.