Text offers a one-stop source for everything needed for the mechanical design of state-of-the-art mobile robots. For hobbyists and professionals. Illustrated. Softcover.
The Ultimate Mobile Robot Mechanical Design Reference
Both hobbyists and professionals will treasure this unique and distinctive sourcebook -- the most thorough -- and thoroughly explained -- compendium of robot mechanisms and devices ever assembled. Written and illustrated specifically for people fascinated with mobile robots, Robot Mechanisms and Mechanical Devices Illustrated offers a one-stop source for everything needed for the mechanical design of state-of-the-art mobile 'bots.
New Mechanisms, New Systems, New Devices
Written by a leading robot designer -- designer of robots used at the horizon of mobile robotics -- this resource offers a collection of both new and classic robotic mechanisms and devices unmatched in scope, from such high-level sources as the mechanical engineers' mainstay, Mechanisms and Mechanical Devices Illustrated. Paul Sandin's superlative reference also brings you new robotic mechanisms and devices that have never before been collected! Inside you'll find:
* The most extensive array of mechanisms and devices for mobile robots ever compiled
* Innovations in high-mobility suspension systems and drivetrains
* A wide range of steering systems and techniques
* Insights and diagrams on manipulator and gripper mechanisms and geometries
* Details on robust mechanical sensor systems
* Robot motor control electronics explained with the non-EE in mind
* Inspiration to take you to the next level in mobile robots -- and beyond
Dream It and Build It -- With THE Resource on High-Mobility Robots
About the Author
Paul E. Sandin is a robotocist with iRobot Corporation, where he designs and builds systems for the Consumer Robotics Division. Previously he worked for RedZone Robotics, where he designed suspension components for large scale toxic waste cleanup robots. He has an intimate knowledge of robots, both large and small. He lives with his family in a suburb of Boston, Massachusetts.