Sams Teach Yourself MySQL in 21 Days teaches you to design and implement your own open source database. Topics include: Designing and Creating your First Database, Normalizing your Data, Adding Tables, Columns, and Indexes, MySQL Data Types, Importing and Exporting Data, Locks and Keys, Building a MyODBC Interface, Building a Perl Interface, Letting MySQL Do the Work - Intrinsic Functions, MySQL Database Security, How MySQL Compares, Administering MySQL, Optimizing MySQL, and Troubleshooting MySQL.
In just 21 days, you'll have all the skills you need to get up and running
efficiently. With this complete tutorial, you'll master the basics and then move
on to the more advanced features and concepts.
• Understand the fundamentals and master all of the key features of
• Learn how to effectively use the latest tools and features of MySQL by
following practical, real-world examples
• Get expert tips from a leading authority on implementing MySQL in
the corporate environment
This book is designed for the way you learn. Go through the lessons day by
day or just chose those lessons that interest you the most.
• Build robust databases from the ground up
• Access data easily and efficiently using database interfaces
• Optimize MySQL and keep your databases secure
• Design efficient MySQL databases using normalization
• Learn how to define business rules and objects
• Protect access with Table Locks and Keys
• Make the best use of MySQL's intrinsic fuctions such as numerical
operations, string manipulations, and logical conditions.