Today's advancements in digital technology are transforming the traditional art of scrapbooking. With a computer, digital camera, scanner, ink-jet printer, and Photoshop Elements—Adobe's popular digital imaging software for home users—you have all the ingredients you need to create a truly astounding and unforgettable scrapbook. But learning how to use these tools can be intimidating.
In Scrapbooking with Photoshop Elements: The Creative Cropping Cookbook, digital scrapbooking trainer Lynette Kent distills the information you need to know about choosing and setting up the hardware you need. She also shares professional design secrets and introduces you to the vast range of artistic possibilities that emerge when you use Photoshop Elements. This practical and friendly guide demystifies the technical topics and leads you step-by-step through dozens of inspiring examples.
Inside, you'll find:
Bonus! You also get exclusive coupons for savings on digital scrapbooking products.
- Professional advice and principles for coherent design
- Shopping lists to help you choose the right tools
- Creative ways to enhance photos with Photoshop Elements
- Artistic techniques you can't perform with scissors and glue, such as turning a photo into a sketch or painting, and creating type that is filled with a photo
- Tips for producing special text effects and customizing clip art and backgrounds
- Innovative ideas for making better photos for your scrapbooks
- Instruction on how to set up pages for printing and archiving
- Handy tear-out recipe cards that outline key steps from the book's projects
- Secrets for getting the most out of your digital camera, scanner, and ink-jet printer
- Essential information on preserving your images through digital archiving
About the Author
An arts and crafts teacher and computer trainer with a Master's degree from Stanford, Lynette Kent has designed and taught popular classes on scrapbooking with a computer, scanner, and inkjet printer. She has used her teaching skills to give instruction and product demonstrations for companies including Apple, Epson, Wacom, and Extensis, and for the past 13 years has actively participated in the ATX (Adobe Technology Exchange) of Southern California.
MIDP 2.0 Style Guide for the Java 2 Platform, Micro Edition
MIDP 2.0 Style Guide for the Java(TM) 2 Platform, Micro Edition, is the comprehensive reference for designing and creating interactive Java(TM) applications for consumer-oriented mobile devices. Readers learn how to best exploit MIDP 2.0 features, such as the gaming API, multimedia, and...
The Da Vinci Code
While in Paris on business, Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon receives an urgent late-night phone call: the elderly curator of the Louvre has been murdered inside the museum. Near the body, police have found a baffling cipher. While working to solve the enigmatic riddle, Langdon is stunned to discover it leads to a trail of clues hidden in...
Resource Allocation in Wireless Networks: Theory and Algorithms
The wireless industry is in the midst of a fundamental shift from providing voice-only services to offering customers an array of multimedia services, including a wide variety of audio, video and data communications capabilities. Future wireless networks will be integrated into every aspect of daily life, and therefore could affect our life...
Cultural Mythology and Global Leadership `This fascinating collection of local mythology shows how widely leadership models differ across nations, and how deeply these differences are rooted. True global leadership is based on empathy with local variety.'
- Geert Hofstede, Maastricht University, The Netherlands, author of Culture's Consequences: Comparing Values, Behaviors,...
Customer Success with Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step
Having invested in Microsoft Dynamics, your enterprise will want to make a success of it, which is where this guide to Sure Step comes in, teaching you how to apply the methodologies to ensure optimum results.
Understand how Sure Step helps you envision and implement the right Microsoft Dynamics...