Drive Targeted Traffic to Your Website
A Step-by-Step Guide
As bracing as a shot of espresso, Search Engine Optimization: An Hour a Day offers brisk advice, bite-sized tasks, and straightforward tools to help you significantly increase visibility for your website on all the major search engines.
In this ultimate do-it-yourself guide, SEO consultants and authors Jennifer Grappone and Gradiva Couzin offer many surprisingly simple techniques and insights, including how to:
- Cut through the trendy jargon to find the Eternal Truths of SEO
- Understand SEO essentials like choosing the best keywords and optimizing meta tags
- Steer clear of common SEO mistakes
- Optimize your website for factors search engines care about—and skip the ones they don't
- Take the plunge with pay-per-click campaigns, link-building methods, and more
- Track and measure results with spreadsheets, customizable reports, and other valuable tools
You'll also find:
About the Author Jennifer Grappone
- Essential hints, tips, and techniques for everyone from one-person shops to Fortune 500 companies
- Pearls of Wisdom, such as "You will never really know exactly how Google works"
- Real-world From the Trenches case studies that illustrate successes to learn from and mistakes to avoid
is a Los Angeles–based search marketing consultant whose work has resulted in many targeted hits and happy clients in various industries including media, entertainment, software, and non-profit. Starting out as a writer/producer/director of industrial and corporate videos, Jennifer followed the dot-com boom and became a project manager for large-scale web development projects before working exclusively in SEO in 2000. Jennifer advocates a holistic approach to SEO, one that combines elements of good writing, usability, search-friendly site design, and link building. You can often find Jennifer hunched over a laptop in any number of wireless cafes in Northeast LA. Stop by and say hello!
Gradiva Couzin has been working in search marketing since its early days in 1998. Since then, she has improved the search presence of organizations ranging from small businesses working on a shoestring to Fortune 500 companies. Her SEO strategy creates win-win solutions by improving the match between searchers and websites. With a history as a civil engineer and experience in website and database development, Gradiva enjoys the technical side of SEO and loves to facilitate communication between techie and non-techie types. She is also an accomplished artist, painting oil portraits on commission. Gradiva lives and works in San Francisco’s Bernal Heights with her husband and two small children.