Your in-depth guide to designing and developing secure PHP applications
It’s a hacker’s dream come true: over one million Web sites are now vulnerable to attack through recently discovered flaws in the PHP scripting language. So how do you protect your site? In this book, bestselling author Mohammed Kabir provides all the tools you’ll need to close this security gap. He presents a collection of 50 secure PHP applications that you can put to use immediately to solve a variety of practical problems. And he includes expert tips and techniques that show you how to write your own secure and efficient applications for your organization.
You’ll learn how to:
- Implement the featured applications in business environments such as intranets, Internet Web sites, and system administrations
- Develop e-mail and intranet solutions using PHP
- Determine the importance of certain coding practices, coding styles, and coding security requirements
- Follow the entire process of each PHP application life cycle from requirements, design, and development to maintenance and tuning.
- Use PHP in groupware, document management, issue tracking, bug tracking, and business applications
- Mature as a PHP developer by using software practices as part of your design, development, and software life cycle decisions
- Improve the performance of PHP applications
The companion CD-ROM contains:
About the Author
- 50 ready-to-use PHP applications
- Searchable e-version of the book
- The latest versions of PHP, Apache, and MySQL™
MOHAMMED J. KABIR is the founder and CEO of Evoknow, Inc., a company specializing in customer relationship management software development. His previous books include Red Hat®
Security and Optimization, Red Hat®
7 Server, Red Hat®
Administrator’s Handbook, Red Hat®
Survival Guide, and Apache 2 Server Bible (all from Wiley).
Hacking Cyberspace In Hacking Cyberspace David J. Gunkel examines the metaphors applied to new technologies, and how those metaphors inform, shape, and drive the implementation of the technology in question. The author explores the metaphorical tropes that have been employed to describe and evaluate recent advances in computer technology, telecommunications... Deploying Visual FoxPro Solutions
A comprehensive resource for setting up, installing, maintaining, and distributing software written in Visual FoxPro, this guide will help developers launch a successful application deployment.
Ship it! Music to your ears or words that cause a cold sweat as you realize you now need to deploy the solution you...
Taking Charge of Your VoIP Project
Voice over IP (VoIP) is the telephone system of the future. Problem is, VoIP is not yet widely deployed, so there are few skilled practitioners today. As you make your move to VoIP, how will you know how to make VoIP work and keep it working well? What changes will you need to make without disrupting your business? How can...
Leading High-Performance Projects This book explains how project managers can adopt the most appropriate leadership styles, encourage greater teaming, become more effective decision-makers, reduce incidences of negative conflict, and eliminate "negative energy."
According to studies by major think tanks, few projects finish on time, within budget, or meet...