Learn essential security techniques for designing, developing, and deploying applications for Microsoft Windows and the Web. Visual Basic .NET experts Ed Robinson and Michael Bond introduce critical security concepts using straightforward language and step-by-step examples. You get clear, end-to-end guidance—covering application design, coding techniques, testing methods, and deployment strategies, along with direction on how to help secure the operating system and related infrastructure and services.
Discover how to:
- Use techniques that help secure your application architecture
- Understand the most common vulnerabilities and how to write code to help prevent them
- Implement authentication and authorization techniques in your applications
- Write routines for encryption, input validation, and exception handling
- Add Passport, Forms, and Windows authentication to Microsoft ASP.NET applications
- Perform a security threat analysis and implement countermeasures
- Think like a hacker—and help uncover security holes
- Create a deployment package with security policy updates for your application
- Implement security-enhancing features for the Windows operating system, Microsoft IIS, Microsoft SQL Server, and Microsoft Access databases
Programming Perl: Unmatched power for text processing and scripting
Adopted as the undisputed Perl bible soon after the first edition appeared in 1991, Programming Perl is still the go-to guide for this highly practical language. Perl began life as a super-fueled text processing utility, but quickly evolved into a general purpose programming language that’s helped hundreds of thousands...
Optimization Theory and Methods: Nonlinear Programming
Optimization is a subject that is widely and increasingly used in science,
engineering, economics, management, industry, and other areas. It deals
with selecting the best of many possible decisions in real-life environment,
constructing computational methods to find optimal solutions, exploring the
theoretical properties, and studying...
Digital Performer 6 Power!: The Comprehensive Guide (Artistpro)
Digital Performer is one of the leading digital audio workstation programs for the Mac. It allows you to sequence MIDI, record multiple channels of audio, mix them down, synch them to video, and utilize plug-in software synthesizers and software studios. Digital Performer 6 Power!: The Comprehensive Guide provides a versatile guide to setting...
Learning Java Functional Programming
Create robust and maintainable Java applications using the functional style of programming
About This Book
Explore how you can blend object-oriented and functional programming styles in Java
Use lambda expressions to write flexible and succinct code
A tutorial that...
Mathematics and Physics for Programmers (Game Development Series) Many programmers frequently have limited backgrounds in the mathematics and physics needed for game development or other complex applications. Sooner or later, all programmers run into coding issues that will require an understanding of mathematics or physics concepts like collision detection, 3D vectors, transformations, game theory, or basic...