"Be part of the revolution."
—Leo Laporte, This Week in Tech
Go beyond the basics to mastery of the art and craft of digital photography in this new edition of the landmark book from award-winning photographer and author Mikkel Aaland. Aaland draws upon his thirty years of experience in the field, plus the wisdom of more than two dozen contributing professional photographers, to provide authoritative coverage of the latest technologies and best photographic practices. You'll find a wealth of pro tips, shooting techniques, technical recommendations, and step-by-step examples accompanied by stunning photographs that illustrate the practical aspects as well as the aesthetics of digital photography. Build your skills and get inspired with this striking and practical book.
- Capture high-impact images of people, landscapes, products, and more
- Shoot RAW and get the most quality and flexibility out of your digital camera
- Create stunning black-and-white photographs
- Learn to compensate for the main drawbacks of digital cameras
- Photograph underwater, from the sky, beyond visible light, and at night
- Use JPEG 2000, panorama stitching, and other new editing tools
- Focus in depth on technical topics such as histograms and sensors
Stop the action, blur the scene, convert to B&W all in camera or on your computer.
Shoot better so your images will need less editing.
Tag, sort, store, and find your photos more efficiently.
About the Author
Mikkel Aaland is an award-winning photographer and author of ten books, including Photoshop Elements 4 Solutions from Sybex. His photography has been published in Wired, Newsweek, and several European periodicals, and he is a regular guest on the television show Call for Help, hosted by Leo Laporte. His work has been exhibited in major institutions around the world, including the Bibliothèque Nationale in Paris and the former Lenin Museum in Prague.