In this groundbreaking book, best-selling author James C. Foster reveals for the first time the methods hackers use to attack and exploit the core components of operating systems and their applications. He provides working code and scripts in C/C++, Java, Perl, and NASL to detect and defend against the most dangerous attacks. The book covers in detail the five most important disciplines for security professionals and software developers: Coding, Sockets, Shellcode, Porting Applications, and Coding Security Tools.
"Read every page of this book, understand the content, and use it to your advantage."--Stuart McClure
- Download the CodeAll code lines throughout the book are numbered for easy reference and are available for download from www.syngress.com/solutions.
- Develop ShellcodeCustomize and optimize never-before-seen shellcode that can exploit almost any system.
- Port Public ExploitsFollow step-by-step instructions for porting exploits to work on Windows, Linux, UNIX, and even Macs!
- Customize Windows COM ObjectsWrap and automate pre-compiled exploits and security tools such as Nmap, netcat, and hping.
- Enhance NiktoDevelop customized code to dramatically improve the performance of the Nikto Web server scanner.
- Reverse Engineer Zero DaysLearn to reverse engineer, modify, and re-automate Zero-Day exploit code.
- Write NASL ScriptsDevelop scripts for Nessus to discover the latest vulnerabilities.
- Identify and Target VulnerabilitiesExamine case studies that reveal how attackers identify and exploit security holes.
- Master SocketsDetailed code examples demonstrate socket initialization, closing sockets, reading and writing data.