Developing powerful web applications with clean, manageable code makes the maintenance process much easier. Aspect-Oriented Programming (AOP) is the easiest and quickest way to achieve such results. Spring is the only Java framework to offer AOP features. The combined power of Spring and AOP gives a powerful and flexible platform to develop and maintain feature-rich web applications quickly.
This book will help you to write clean, manageable code for your Java applications quickly, utilizing the combined power of Spring and AOP. You will master the concepts of AOP by developing several real-life AOP-based applications with the Spring Framework, implementing the basic components of Spring AOP: Advice, Joinpoint, Pointcut, and Advisor.
This book will teach you everything you need to know to use AOP with Spring. It starts by explaining the AOP features of Spring and then moves ahead with configuring Spring AOP and using its core classes, with lot of examples. It moves on to explain the AspectJ support in Spring. Then you will develop a three-layered example web application designed with Domain-Driven Design (DDD) and built with Test-Driven Development methodology using the full potential of AOP for security, concurrency, caching, and transactions.
What you will learn from this book?
- Learn how Aspect-Oriented Programming can support Object-Oriented Programming to solve problems in the implementation phase
- Write clean and concise code by implementing concurrency control in cross-cutting functionalities to manage code easily and create applications quickly
- Realize a dynamic proxy with JDK, by implementing an interface that manages invocations
- Realize the structural behavior of the pattern proxy design pattern by applying the crosscutting concerns of security, logging, and transactionality to specific Joinpoints
- Simplify applying Advices through using AspectJ annotations
- Develop better applications by handling important functionalities such as transaction management, application logging, exception management, and layout
- Learn how the AOP enabled by the Spring Framework and Inversion of Control (IoC), can help you to remove the implementation compromises in applications
Employing a comprehensive tutorial-based approach, this easy-to-follow book shows the reader various means of using AOP with Spring in a real-world scenario. Clear step-by-step instructions ensure that you will not get lost in the new world of AOP and Spring.
Who this book is written for?
If you are a Java software architect, engineer, or developer and want to be able to write applications in a more modular and concise way by using Spring, then you need this book. Readers need basic knowledge of Spring and its configuration.
About the Author
Massimiliano Dessì is an experienced Java developer, who started developing JEE applications in 2000. In 2004 he discovered the Spring Framework 1.0, and since then he has been one of its most enthusiastic users.
Massimiliano is also a frequent speaker at Users Groups conferences, including, Java Users Groups, SpringFrameworkUser Group, Javaday, and Linux Users Groups. He is one of the founders of Java User Group Sardinia (https://jugsardegna.dev.java.