A complete toolkit to successfully develop and implement streaming media on the Web
From hands-on training and distance learning to teleconferencing and product demonstrations, streaming media is providing businesses with a whole new world of opportunity. Written by one of the leading experts in the field, this book will provide you with all the information you’ll need to begin streaming immediately. Demetriades offers an accessible presentation of this complex technology and all of its components, so you’ll be able to address each segment of the streaming industry. As you progress through each chapter, you’ll take another step toward the development of a streaming media enterprise.
This informative book will direct you to the best resources to start streaming live or stored content over the Internet or Intranet. You’ll also learn how to choose the right audio and video equipment, capture and edit, and set up a streaming site that meets your company’s needs. Covering major platforms such as Microsoft, Real Networks, and Apple, it includes:
- Sixteen steps to building a successful streaming enterprise system
- Detailed instructions on how to make movies with a digital camera
- A guide to building your own encoders
- An in-depth look at wireless streaming media
- A discussion on security and surveillance using streaming media
The CD-ROM contains:
About the Author
- Adobe Premiere tryout version
- Pathfinder, Rapid Response, and Screen Magic by MaxVU, Inc.
- Discreet cleaner demo version
GREGORY C. DEMETRIADES is the founder and CEO of MaxVU, Inc., a streaming media technology development company. He is also an award-winning entrepreneur who is recognized as one of the pioneers in streaming media. Demetriades holds several patents on MPEG and remote control encoding devices with codec optimization and enhancement patent applications currently in the pipeline.